Skip to main content

Firmness Of Purpose


2016-2017 was a wavering year for me. Wavering as in I had no idea what exactly it was I wanted. I'd say stuff but you'd hear in my voice the unsureness of my resolve - at least I did. 
Had no idea how to stick with my choices and that was because I
wanted to make people happy, Your girls plan was to be on so many people's good book. I wanted to please, Baby girl was on a journey to please family, strangers, friends - I just had to be liked Lol Good ol' Elsie😄

Don't know exactly how or when it happened but one day I just snapped out of it. I guess this is what motivational speakers call "Growth". Was it because I was tired???? Maybe be I'd find out someday but at this very moment I have no idea how it happened.


It was a gradual process but let me tell you how I realized I was doing it, how I was making that personal progress .

My mum (beautiful lady) she asked me for something which apparently I casually refused  (looking back I would have jumped into the car lol).  So we were discussing recently next thing I heard she was talking about how I am always inflexible with my stance so there really was no point trying to convince me that day. 

I felt bad for not helping but That was it!! That was my confirmation. 
.
If you are struggling with this I can't tell you what to do or say (I don't have any 48 laws of anything ) I wish I did..
.
.
It's a personal journey, a transition. But you've got to first realize that lack of strength and firmness in your words. 
Be ready also to hurt people - not making them cry, that will be super ridiculous. I'm just saying people around you will feel bad for making a decision that favors just you. But not to worry every one snaps out of that. 
Good thing is, you will be taken seriously cos then, your words begin to hold substance ✨
.
Don't forget to practice kindness  don't overdo the whole thing . In your selfishness be selfless, ever ready to help and add value.

If you read up to this part congratulations 🎉we all are going to have a productive week ahead.
 I hope you've made plans to stay sane and keep your head above water. The whole world is in chaos💔, a lot is happening right now. Sometimes these things are hard for me to process so I find myself leaving social media 📴 for a while. I hope we all stay strong💪💪 while riding this tide.

          A bientôt!!

Love always
Elsie. O💅

Comments

  1. Love! Love!! Love!!!

    Thank you for the reminder.

    P.S: I'm rooting for you. You should do this more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment